In taking a prioritised approach to sustainable procurement, this course presents you with the key impacts and issues that procurement needs to be aware of when sourcing and procuring contracts that encompass social, environmental and economic criteria. The 3P approach to Smart contracting will ensure Planet, People and Profits aspects are clearly defined, measured and monitored for the benefit of all.
Participants will gain an understanding of the triple P (People, Profit, Planet) impact of their purchasing decisions and will see how they can make an important contribution towards their organisation’s overall sustainability goals upfront.
- Why buy Sustainable?
- Identifying Sustainable Procurement priorities?
- Identify needs and assess risks
- a) Environmental impact
- b) Budgetary Importance
- c) Social considerations
- d) Practical solutions beyond price
- Evaluate the market and select suppliers
- Sustainable specifications and tender considerations
- Evaluating suppliers for award
- Measuring the value and impact of sustainability improvement
- Communicating success
You will learn the principles and benefits of:
- Prioritising sustainability procurement projects
- Life Cycle Costing
- Blended decision matrix using the 3P criteria
- The relationship between supplier relationship management and sustainability opportunities
- How procurement can contribute towards their organisations overall sustainability goals
Who Will Benefit from This Course
This course is suitable for any executive who works with or has responsibility for procurement and who wants to enhance their understanding and implementation of sustainable procurement criteria.
Duration: 1 day