Category Management: From information to insights
The Category Management course provides the essential foundation to improve internal spend analysis to find out where your business is really spending money
Who should attend the course?
This expert-led course is suitable for anyone with responsibility for budgeting and procurement who needs to understand and implement the benefits of Category Management
People who benefit most are:
- Procurement Professional Purchasing Manager Category Analyst Category Manager Procurement Officer
- Procurement Manager Head of Procurement Sourcing Manager Sourcing Assistant Supplier Manager
- Supply Chain Professional Supply Chain Officer Buyer Recent Graduate Accountant
- Business Professional Business Owner
- Learn how to translate internal data analytics into category roadmaps that feed into the procurement strategy
- You will improve your understanding of the category management methodology, the challenges and the benefits of linking category management to the annual budgeting process that Procurement should support by building category and project roadmaps from the bottom up.
- You will understand how the output of this annual planning step is key to driving bottom-line impact for the growth of the business
- Building the team and Category Scope
- Benchmarking, Triangulation and Porter’s five forces
- Kraljic & SWOT analysis
- Category Strategy Development
You will learn the principles and benefits of:
- How to turn data analytics into category strategy roadmaps that are aligned to annual budgeting targets
- Evaluate cost-benefit analysis through a category strategy methodology towards organisational Value for Money sourcing strategies.
- Prioritise category strategies that present the best benefits to delivering the procurement strategy
- The course provides a free QCC assessment. This unique skills test gives insights to your strengths and weaknesses in business
When and where is the course held?
|Thursday||8 February||Category Management: From information to insights||Cork|
|Wednesday||14 February||Category Management: From information to insights||Dublin|
What is the price of the course?
Duration: 1 day
Course time: 9:00PM -5:00pm
Meet your lecturers:
Ingrid De Doncker, CEO iDDea, professional trainer and guest speaker
Over the last 20 years, Ingrid developed her expertise across telecoms, manufacturing and FMCG in public and private sectors. She takes pride in sharing what she has learned and is passionate about helping people to build long-term sustainable sourcing strategies. For her, every day is about doing the right thing and doing it right.
Caroline Walsh, Procurement Specialist and lecturer
Caroline’s multi-disciplinary approach stems from her experience in sales, marketing, account management, supply chain and procurement functions across Telecoms, Manufacturing, BPO, Utilities and FMCG. For over 10 years, Caroline has applied her expertise to bring about change for the better for each of the projects she has guided and looks forward to more to come.
Norah Cronin, Procurement Specialist and Lecturer
With CIPS certifications and a BA in Human Resource Management, Norah began her professional over 10 years ago. Through procurement strategies, including a combination of bill analysis, mobile device policies and expert contract management, Norah was able to give her clients double digit savings. Her focus now is leading the Procurement Training Academy.